Knowing your customer is critical to your business. It should be every business’s goal to know not only the name but as much additional, BUT, relevant information about their customer. A business should know everything. What is everything you ask? Let’s talk about what everything is.
Doesn’t look like a lot? Let’s break it down.
- You want to know their Name.
- Because email is just about as ubiquitous as a snail mail address you need email. Email often becomes the focal point of larger more complicated marketing services for this reason.
- The phone in your customers pocket – you want to know the phone number so you can text them a special offer one day.
- Are they on social media? You have to know their Twitter and other relevant social media handles. You want to be able to drop a marketing communication directly in-feed when your customer is on Twitter for instance.
- What are their favorite products or services? What do they buy most often? What are they most interested in?
These are a few of the things that you need to know about your customer all while nurturing, building, growing and learning with your customer over time. Every time you engage with your customer, every time they visit your site, every time they buy a product you should be recording data. All along storing this incredible asset of information in a high-end Customer Relationship Management tool to segment and dissect.
How do you go about doing this? Where do you start? Drop us a line. We’d love to talk through your unique business needs and help you set up a plan for building your customer database to be an invaluable marketing and intelligence asset to your business.